GroupOne would like to invite you to a complimentary educational meeting “Foreign Physician Recruitment and Green Card Options for Foreign Healthcare Employees” on July 26 from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. The event is being hosted by our affiliate the DFW Hospital Council (DFWHC) in coordination with Hall Render, the nation’s largest law firm focused exclusively on healthcare.
It was announced today Michael Lee Kim, an attorney with Hall Render whose area of expertise is immigration, would serve as the event’s speaker.
The session is the first of four events DFWHC is hosting with Hall Render as part of this summer’s “Hot Topic Healthcare Educational Series.”
Mr. Kim leads the firm’s immigration practice and focuses entirely on business immigration matters. He routinely handles a wide-range of employment-based immigration matters for hospitals, health care entities, physician practice groups, corporations, businesses and individuals across the U.S. including:
• J-1 Waivers of the 2-year Foreign Residency Requirement;
• H-1B petitions (Initial, Extension, Change of Status, and transfers);
• P-1 Petitions for Professional Athletes;
• Trade NAFTA Work Authorization;
• Religious workers;
• Schedule A Permanent Residency Petitions for Registered Nurses and Physical Therapists;
• Permanent Residency via PERM Labor Certification;
• National Interest Waivers for Physicians practicing in a Medically Underserved Area.
In addition, Kim provides daily counsel to numerous health care providers on matters such as I-9 Compliance, AC-21 Portability issues, International Charity Care and foreign national patient issues.
The “Hot Topic” series will also include:
• August 16, “Bullying & Workplace Harassment and Discipline & Discharge,” 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children;
• August 31, “False Claims Act Litigation and Internal Investigation Matters,” 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children;
• September 20, “Timeshare Arrangements for Visiting Physicians,” 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., Las Colinas Country Club.
You can register for the events by clicking the links above. You can also find the links here.
For information, please contact Jourdan Pruit at [email protected] or call 469-648-5116.